Saturday, March 10, 2007

podcast no 64 - shoot me to the stars


Play - 30:00 mins (click button)


Download (right-click on button)

"Shoot me to the stars" is a line from Forbidden Lovers on Be Bop Deluxe's excellent 1976 album (I feel so old!) Modern Music. This is the second time I've raided that album for a title for a podcast. Another song on Modern Music is called Honeymoon On Mars ...

Anyway, the music:

Today's soundbed music was White Hotel by Torchomatic - the only band on the podsafe music network to cite Bill Nelson (of Be Bop Deluxe) as an influence. The title music is by the incomparable Tragic Shell Suit Disaster.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Another fine show, sir. Should it be filed under the category 'Nelsonesque'? On that theme, I was doing the sound at a gig (featuring half a dozen young bands) in a local community centre a few weeks ago. One of them was called 'The Dolls of Venus'. I asked them where they got their name from. Yes, you've guessed ... one of their dads had a 'cool' album by an ancient band called Be Bop Deluxe.